Oxidized Bitumen 90-10 description:
Oxidized Bitumen 90-10 is made by ongoing or Staggered Blowing Process. Heated Penetration bitumen under controlled environment is blown with air which controls oil content in bitumen while it oxidized.
The different grades for suited applications produced are designated by two numbers to indicate the mid-points of their softening point and penetration ranges.
In addition vapour of oxidized bitumen or mist can cause headache, nausea, irritation of nose and lungs. Oxidized bitumen eye contact can cause slight irritation. Also its prolonged or continual skin contact can reasons slight skin irritation. In addition, oxidized bitumen can cause thermal burns which may finish in permanent skin injury. Furthermore hot product may cause severe eye burns and/or vision defect. oxidized bitumen is not classified as-dangerous for the atmosphere. Also as inflammable. Contact of hot material with water will finish in vio- Lententide growth and splashing or boil-over may occur.
Recommend Uses of Oxidized Bitumen 90-10:
Insulating and impregnating agent
Various industrial uses
Sealing of expansion joints.
Repair of joints or cracks.
Construction materials additive
Fixation of parquet floors.
Adhesive to be used in thermal insulation.
Repair of unexposed cracks.
Bonding of wet briquettes.
Make rubber and plastic products
Use as sealing of electrical junction boxes
Isolation bitumen membrane sheet
Oxidized Bitumen 90-10 should heated double temperature against softening point to be able to have flow and viscosity. Also to use asphalt 90/10, surfaces must be dry, clean and free of loose particles, form-work, curing products, irregularities, slurry, etc.
1. Processing should be done from bottom of blowing tanker. Reaction between oxidized bitumen and air is thermal. If Temperature produced during the mixture is high, it controlled by water injection
2. Mixing of air also volume of blowing air are 2 main variants in blowing method. oxidized bitumen made by blowning bitumen 60/70.
For oxidized bitumen 90/15 or 85/25 used or crude oil must be injected, according to volume 20-25. Otherwise bitumen fragility result in inferior production.
3. Increasing heating temperature, air injection, time and tower pressure increase speed of output method reaction. Furthermore, suitable temperature for production operation is 265-270 °C which must controlled. So temperature don`t up because in 288 °C intensity of reaction becomes more sever and in-controllable that lead to explosion in tower.
4. Bitumen shouldn’t stay in tower and better is that delivered to drum or empty tanker soon.
5. If the liquid surface in blowing tower is low, adding more than particular limit maybe lead to ignition. Also keeping high temperature may causes same result.
6. Fill up blowing tower to 70th. Air injection finishes in 190-232°C. Finally, sampling and testing product properties. Product temperature must kept 150- 165 °C to loading and packing capability
10 Years with multi time heating and colding, please refer to MSDS. Pars Universal Bitumen Company guaranty the quality of Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 with the arrangement of international warden to check quality and quantity of product during the loading to the vessel. Also controlling production by QC by batch test report before shipping.
PUB-LTD manufacturer of oxidized bitumen 150/5 in various packing including. bitumen 150/5 is available in 25 kg meltable and craft bag, drum, also as bulk. In addition oxidized bitumen packing also palletize, 40 bags can stack on the pallet. 20 pallet can load to the 20ft container.
|TEST SPECIFICATION||STANDARD RANGE||TEST METHOD|
|Specific gravity @25/25 C||1.05 approx.||D-70|
|Softening point C||85/95||D-36|
|Loss on heating (wt)%||0.2max||D-6|
|Flash point C||260min||D-92|
|Solubility in CS2 (wt)%||99min||D-4|
|Specific gravity @25/25 C||1.05 approx.||