What’s caustic soda?
Probably Caustic soda flakes is the most popular alkali in the world. For industrialist needs, around 55.5 million tons of it is manufactured. sodium hydroxide is classified in the group of strong chemical bases, because it completely dissociates (dissolves) in water.
All about caustic soda flakes origin of Iran
Sodium hydroxide (NaOH) is solid flakes in white color that also known as caustic soda. NaOH is an inorganic compound. It is an ionic compound consisting of sodium. Furthermore it is a highly caustic base and alkali,that decomposes proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures and may cause severe chemical burns. Therefore sodium hydroxide uses in many industries like chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining, cleaning compounds, drain cleaners.
Caustic soda, specially appears as White or nearly white pellets, flakes, sticks, fused masses. In addition,Lye is clear or slightly turbid, colorless or slightly colored, strongly caustic and hygroscopic and when exposed to the air they absorb carbon dioxide (CO2), forming sodium carbonate.
Sodium hydroxide is formed from sodium sulfate by a three step operation comprising converting the sodium sulfate to sodium sulfide, converting the sodium sulfide to sodium bicarbonate, and converting the sodium bicarbonate to sodium hydroxide. The operations preferably are effected in conjunction with a bleached craft pulp mill operation, so as to utilize by-product sodium sulfate from chlorine dioxide generation to produce useful sodium hydroxide as sulfur without co-producing chlorine.
Caustic soda uses:
- All household specially Agents, shampoo and soap have a certain amount of caustic soda added to them.
- Paper, polyester fiber and cardboard factories.
- In aluminum manufactures, also is added for pickling metal.
- NaOH food grade is an additive. It is used to make crunchy crusts.
- As washing agent lye can breaks down fats in food factory.Also it would used in peeling fruit.
- Caustic soda also uses for cleaning laboratuvar pipes so sodium hydroxide uses as solvent
- Bio-diesel fuel (an ecology discovery).
- NaOH uses for testing re-actions at chemical plants
- It also has an interesting method of application in medicine – for burning off skin growths; then a scab appears.
First help is urgent if the solution/powder touches skin, mucous membranes or eyes. If it gets in your eyes, immediately rinse them with a large amount of water. Then show the damaged eye to the doctor, because irreversible changes can be by hard burns.
Chemical retractions with caustic soda:
Because The solution has a strong alkaline reaction, so litmus paper turns to dark blue (with phenolphthalein the presence of the OH group gives a raspberry color, with methyl orange it may seem yellow). because of activity the substance, reacts with almost any chemical compound
- Acids (it forms salts and water.)
- Amphoteric hydroxides.
- Amphoteric oxides (this re-action forms water and complex compound)
- Salts (caustic soda can provide the most of all effects of precipitation of metals, it forms a sediment in the form of metal hydroxides)
- Non-metal and halogens.
- Metals (apart from iron and copper, as they have a low electrochemical potential).
- Ethers and alkyl halides a hydrolysis re-action arises.
- Polyatomic alcohols (reagents may transform into alkoxides)
- Fats (using for irreversible reaction of saponification,in this process fats turn into soap and glycerin.)
Caustic Soda Flake, Packing:
Our Caustic Soda Flake , is packing in 25 PP bags for preventing to absorb moisture then for more protection 50 PP bags of Caustic Soda Flake put in Jumbo bag.
Also we can palletize cargo with shrinking according to customer`s order so Caustic Soda Flake offered in only Jumbo bag or putting PP bags on a pallet and shrinking.